BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGROTECHNOLOGY (HONS) HORTICULTURE TECHNOLOGY
The Bachelor of Science Agrotechnology (Hons) Horticulture Technology program focuses on the need for specialized and trained scientists, technologists, entrepreneur and horticulturists who are able to face the challenges in the agricultural industry in general and the significant growing demands specifically in the horticultural sector.
This program aims to produce well rounded horticultural graduates that are able to professionally address these demands. The courses are well tailored to meet the challenging needs in this field which include the basic Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Physics and most important of all the applied sciences such as Agricultural Biotechnology, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Botany, the various disciplines in horticulture such as Introduction to Horticulture, Principles of Nursery Management, Tropical Horticultural Crops, Nursery Planning and Greenhouse Technology, Horticulture Irrigation Technology and Ornamental Crop Management. To strengthen graduates in terms of research and development, other disciplines such as Integrated Pest Management, Research Project I and II, Agricultural Research Methodology and Agriculture Mechanization and Automation.
This three-year program also emphasizes on entrepreneurship such as Agribusiness Marketing, Basic Agriculture Economics, Technology entrepreneurship and other relevant courses are also included to give graduates the best preparation to face the industry.
This bachelor is designed for students that interested in pursuing careers in agricultural, horticultural, technologist, landscape industries, consultancy, management and also entrepreneur. Applicants should fulfil the University Entrance Requirement and also additional specific entrance requirements of the programme.
- Pass a diploma programme from UiTM with a CGPA of at least 2.30.
- Pass a related diploma programme from UiTM with a CGPA of at least 2.00 and having five (5) years working in the relevant field.
- Pass a related diploma programme from other Public Institution of Higher Learning recognised with the Malaysian Government with a CGPA of at least 3.00
- Pass UiTM Science Foundation/PASUM/Matriculation programme with a CGPA of at least 2.50 and having B grade (GP 2.67) in two (2) subjects; Biology and Mathematics/Engineering Mathematics and one (1) C grade (GP 2.00) from any of the following subjects: Chemistry/Engineering/Chemistry /Physics/ Engineering Physics
- Pass STPM or its equivalent that is recognised by the Malaysian Government with a CGPA of at least 2.50 and having B- grade (GP 2.67) in any two (2) subjects below: Mathematics M/ Mathematics T/ Further Mathematics T/Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Economy
- Pass SPM or its equivalent that is recognised by the Malaysian Government with five (5) credits including Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics/Additional Mathematics and pass in English.